There’s more to the ACT than studying for months to achieve a high score. Just as important is knowing what things to bring on ACT test day. You have to make sure that everything works out as planned on the big day. Other than getting stuck in a difficult question, you might break your pencil in the middle of the exam, and it is equally disastrous. A successful ACT undertaking is getting a high score, but you primarily have to comply with the requirements on the day of your exam.
What Things Should You Bring With You On Your ACT Test Day?
- A print out of your test admission ticket. To be able to obtain this, log in to the ACT website to access your account. This ought to be the same website where you registered to take the test. Following the instructions, print out your admission ticket. Make sure that you bring the paper copy of your ticket to your testing center on your exam day. Images of your ticket in your cellphone or other electronic devices are not allowed and will not be accepted.
- A valid ID with your photo in it. Your full name which is indicated on your ID should match your registered name for the ACT. The following valid ID’s may be acceptable:
- Recent school ID
- Driver’s license
What if you don’t have any of these? You can ask a notary or school official to accomplish a downloaded copy of the Official ACT Identification form. Or if you joined the ACT talent search, you can present a printed copy of your talent search identification letter.
Note that the following ID’s are NOT allowed on the ACT test day:
- Social security card
- Learner’s permit
- Credit cards
- Employee ID
- Birth certificate
Don’t even rely on personal recognition because it doesn’t count as well. Don’t get complacent if the test administrator happens to personally know you. If you don’t have an approved ID, you will not be able to get inside the testing center. Remember that a printed copy of your admission ticket and your valid ID are the two most important requirements that you should bring with you on your ACT test day.
- At least two #2 pencils and a reliable eraser. The pencils can be your spare in case the one you’re using breaks. No need to bring mechanical pencils, pens, highlighters and liquid paper, among other writing accessories because they are not allowed inside the testing center.
- An ACT test standard calculator. Approved calculators for the ACT include graphing, 4-function and scientific calculators. However, you should be aware of the limits of using this gadget when taking the test.
- An inaudible (noiseless) watch. This tool is particularly useful because you need to time yourself when taking each section of the test. Don’t lose track of the time limit for every ACT sub-section. Bringing a watch to your testing center is optional, though. You can skip tagging it with you if it distracts you or makes you feel anxious.
Other Essential Things To Keep In Your Bag On ACT Test Day
- A handy and small-sized pencil sharpener
- Additional calculator batteries
- Nutritious snacks and beverages to replenish your energy during your breaks
It’s smart to know what important things to bring on ACT test day to be able to gain admission to your testing center and be prepared for possible mishaps that may have inauspicious consequences to your score.