The ACT test is one of the most significant standardized tests that high school students have to take. It is the key that will have them gaining admission to the colleges of their choice. If they achieve a high score, it can even qualify them for scholarship programs. It is therefore imperative for these students to study well for the ACT.
How do you muster the motivation to adhere to your ACT test prep? With so many things going on in your life as a high school student, how do you maintain your drive to study for the ACT and obtain a high score? Here are some tips to help you keep your motivation for your ACT test prep:
- Set a definite schedule for your test prep. Establish a study schedule for your ACT and make sure to stick to it. To guarantee effectuality, have a fixed daily schedule. It doesn’t have to be in large chunks of time such as 1 or 2 hours a day, but make it staggered into 10 or 15 minute sessions throughout the day.
- Arrange a study space that is free from distractions. There ought to be no hindrances as you study in your desk. Remove whatever portable devices when you start on your test prep. If you are studying online, block sites that may distract you.
- Ask a study buddy to join you. A fellow ACT test taker or classmate can join you as you study for your exam. This way, you’ll incite both of your enthusiasm. You can challenge each other’s knowledge by quizzing and asking questions. With the help of a study buddy, you can keep your motivation and retain more information for the ACT test.
- Always be prepared. Do you have everything that you need for your test prep in your desk? These items can be supplies such as your notebook, paper and pencils. The purpose of this is to prevent you from pausing or getting distracted to scamper for them, especially when you have gained momentum in your studying already.
- Set achievable goals. You should set particular goals in place so that you don’t diverge from your study routine. For instance, you can set a goal for the day which is to get acquainted with certain mathematical formulas and to eventually master them.
You’ll want to achieve the best score possible for your ACT test. Arrange an effective and efficient test prep for the said exam a few months before your scheduled test date. You wouldn’t want to start late on this endeavor because it is one of the major causes of getting a low ACT score. With these tips to keep you motivated for your ACT test prep, you become a test prep ninja who can confidently ace your exam and obtain high quality education in the college of your choice.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Winnie_Custodio/2533655