[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.106″ background_layout=”light”]
Study Smart, Ace Exams – Tips for First Year Student By SIRT Bhopal
Exams are a critical part of education and the basis of stress for many students. In order to keep away from crippling nervousness from these annoying evaluations, it is important to approach them with a clear brain and an understanding of how to deal with stressful situations more broadly
Preparing for the Test
1) Take notes: Take your class time seriously by taking notes summarizing what your teacher has said. If you are feeling exam pressure, you can review your notes;
this will help you remember things that happened in class that you didn’t even take notes on, further giving you a sense of mastery over your material.
When taking notes, focus on jotting down keywords and key ideas, rather than trying to take dictation. Copying out the exact sentence is not as important as getting down the main ideas. Review your notes weekly.
2) Manage your time wisely. Do not pay attention for an exam last minute; this will surely guide to exam stress. Break up your study time into hunks over days, or weeks even. When you “hunk” your study time over the course of a longer period of time, such as a few days or weeks, you will retain more of the information.
3) Know where you study best. Consider about the kinds of factors that permit you to be most comfortable and relaxed as you prepare for your exam. When setting up a dedicated study space:
Examine your work space. Choose whether you work better with a bit of confusion or if a clean, fresh work space is what you prefer.
Find an interchange place to study such as a library. A change of surroundings can give you a fresh look at the material and also provide additional resources.
4) Take frequent breaks. According to psychologist, the normal human brain can only focus on one task successfully for about 45 minutes. In adding, research in psychologist suggests that focusing on the same thing for too long diminishes the brain’s capability to exactly development it.
5) Stay hydrated. Be sure to drink plenty of water. Aim for at least 8 eight glasses of water per day. Not drinking enough water can make you feel lethargic and worried.
A cup of herbal tea can help you feel more relaxed and stay hydrated. Peppermint, chamomile, and passionflower are good choices
6) Reward your achievements, no matter how small. If you are feeling stressed about an exam, be sure to reward yourself for your study time. This will motivate you to continue studying and may even reduce stress. For example, after studying hard for an hour, take a break and play on the internet for 20 minutes or watch an episode of a TV show that you enjoy.
7) Exercise. Regular aerobic exercise can relieve stress, so if you find yourself a nervous before an exam, go for a run or the gym.
When you work out, listen to upbeat music that keeps you motivated throughout your workout.
Meditate or do yoga after your upbeat exercise. This lets the mind focus and calm down
8) Eat healthy foods. You eat only hygienic foods it can make you feel positive, which can interfere with your exam preparation. Therefore, it is important to eat right if you want to have the best odds of doing well on your exam and not stressing about it.
Try eating lean meats, nuts, fruits, and vegetables.
9) Get sufficient sleep. An excellent night’s sleep may not be high on the schedule for students across the country but, according to research, it could be key to victorious learning.
Psychologist found that learners were able to remember and consolidate material more effectively having slept on the new information.
10) Ask yourself whether you have a learning disability. It may be the case that you have something like ADHD or other learning disability that impairs your ability to perform well on an exam. Be sure to reach out to a college psychotherapist or lecturer for how to proceed in getting help.
Author – Training and Placement Cell – Sagar Institute of Research and Technology, Bhopal