Mr. ROBERT .U. ODAFE
I am a trainer of the mathematics Rubik’s game and also mathematics competitions such as the American Mathematics competition, Cowbell competition, Maths counts etc. I am specialized in training students seeking for scholarship to study abroad through some of the international exams such as SAT (Maths) GRE (Maths) etc. I have worked in reputable schools and I have trained students who are on scholarships at home and abroad Universities. I was Head of Mathematics Department in 2016 and presently I am a consultant at Vivian Fowler Memorial College. Apart from being a consultant to Vivian fowler, I also consults for St. Andrews group of schools and Beta College. I am currently the head of Academics in Academic Temple Educational Consult.
- Proven track record of improving the progress of struggling students in mathematics and increasing test and examination scores/grades. 100% 100%
- Recognized for ability to increase student participation and motivation in learning through engaging maths lessons and activities. 99.9% 99.9%
- Afterschool Programs: Served as the as private lesson teacher/home lessons after a well diagnosed mathematical conceptual problem in a child/student. 100% 100%
- Lesson Planning: comprehensive compose reports to regular teachers regarding lessons and student progresses 100% 100%
- Student Development:Regularly engaged students in “open talk” times so that I can trace historically his/her maths problems, I also develop team building activities that enhances student motivation and team work. 100% 100%
- I have effectively helped several struggling students to improve their mathematical conceptual knowledge. 100% 100%
I am an ACADEMIC Consultant and I am a dynamic and motivated professional with a proven track record of generating and building relationships, managing projects from concept to completion, designing educational strategies, and coaching individuals to success. Skilled in building cross-functional teams, demonstrating exceptional communication skills, and making critical decisions during challenges. Adaptable and transformational leader with an ability to work independently and developing opportunities that further establish organizational goals.
A researcher in education who has special interest in pedagogical activities and learning of learners. I have 15 years practical teaching experience which includes home schooling, I am also the CEO of ACADEMIC TEMPLE Educational Consult.
To strive for excellence and precision at all times in all positions and circumstances, attaining professional distinction and proficiency in meeting set targets and institutional goals.
Bachelor of Science Education degree (B.Sc. Ed) in Mathematics Education from the University of Lagos
Certified Cambridge International Examination mathematics Tutor, Cambridge Specialist, Cambridge Examiner in Additional Mathematics.
Currently studying M Phil/PhD in Mathematics Education with all masters course work completed at the University of Lagos.
Member of National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), USA.
Teachers’ perception of the role of mathematics in Nigeria’s technological development: a case study of senior secondary school mathematics teachers in Lagos state by Prof H.N. Odogwu & R.U. Odafe in the Proceedings of the Mathematics Association of Nigeria.
An article titled “Professional Development of Mathematics Teachers as a Tool for Motivating Students’ Interest and Performance” in International Policy Brief Series Education And Science Journal Of Policy Review And Curriculum Development in may 2015 (http://internationalpolicybrief.org/edu-and-science-journal-vol5-no1).
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency 85% 85%
- Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) 90% 90%
- SMART Board Lesson Development. 100% 100%